Distant Dreams and Sweet Sweet Thoughts
Yes, I know it's pretty amazing, but from last Wednesday till yesterday, I actually had a life. A life that spelled relaxation and pure enjoyment; a life that excluded dreaded words like 'studying' and 'exams'. I'd like to call it bliss.
After eight whole months of swearing off my most beloved Hong Kong drama serials in a bid to concentrate on the prelims and the O's, I finally succumbed to the deadly temptation last week (EIGHT months! and it's all come to nought), all thanks to the end of exam ecstasy that I believe, did make me a little mad. Failing to break my standing record of downing a twenty episode serial in two days though, this twenty episode lawyer series (it's damn good, I tell you - then again, anything is after eight months of abstaining) lasted me four wonderful, beautiful, charming, absolutely perfect, amazing days. Sigh. Just the memory of it alone...Haha.
Gee, I think I'm in love - my mom kinda thought I'd lost it when I began declaring my love and offering marriage proposals to the nice MAIN (supporting) actor. But his character was just so wonderful! Put a guy like that (complete with his, dare I say, boyish good looks) in front me and I'll run into his arms.
Okay. No. I wouldn't. See, now that just proves the point that males on television, behind the screen, can charm me outta my pants, but put me in the proximity of one and I'd pee in my pants. Oh, I'm such a sad person. One thing I've concluded from watching this recent series though is that I fall for TV characters who are bad boys turned good, or those who appear bad on the outside, but are really overflowing with sweetness inside. Haha! Anyway, once the O's are over, I'm going to crash the video rental store and borrow all those serials that my mom has 'secretly' watched without me - she started off claiming how she'd wait for my exams to be over and all, then one day, I opened her bedside drawer to nab a plaster for a cut, only to be met with the sight of the latest Hong Kong drama serial (one that I badly wanted to watch). My confrontation led to a meek confession that she really couldn't resist, and just had to start watching. Oh well, like mother, like daughter I suppose. I already have to commend her for lasting the first couple of weeks without a decent serial.
Okay, so now it's back to reality and normality, to studying and getting back results (oh the horror!). Today it was English and Social Studies. To those who did well and are pleased with their grades, congrats! To those who feel that they didn't do very well, and are quite upset, try not to let this affect you too much, okay? Failure (not necessarily literally, but rather, in terms of meeting your expectations) is just a stepping stone to success, so think about it: let this small setback motivate you to study harder and strive for better results, and I'm sure you'll do brilliantly when the O's come around. Yup. Stepping out of the car this morning, mom's parting words to me were, "Don't jump." To which I turned around and looking highly confused, went, "Huh?". Mom: "Don't jump off a building." Haha! I love mom. Honestly though? You have to admit it's some pretty good, er, advice.
So it's the returning of EMath papers tomorrow, coupled with an EMath paper2 mock exam after school, which would make tomorrow official EMath day! Let us rejoice! Haha!
And just as a little side note...YAY!!! Hady is THE Singapore Idol, man! Last night and tonight was the first time I'd ever watched entire episodes of this rather sad season (it's no wonder they aren't planning on doing a season3 - the government might just have to invite foreign talent and PAY them to sing in the top12), but I'm nonetheless a Hady supporter. Sheepishly, I'll have to admit that I did waste some cash voting, but whatever. This is one conspiracy I'm proud to have been a part of. Uh huh.
After eight whole months of swearing off my most beloved Hong Kong drama serials in a bid to concentrate on the prelims and the O's, I finally succumbed to the deadly temptation last week (EIGHT months! and it's all come to nought), all thanks to the end of exam ecstasy that I believe, did make me a little mad. Failing to break my standing record of downing a twenty episode serial in two days though, this twenty episode lawyer series (it's damn good, I tell you - then again, anything is after eight months of abstaining) lasted me four wonderful, beautiful, charming, absolutely perfect, amazing days. Sigh. Just the memory of it alone...Haha.
Gee, I think I'm in love - my mom kinda thought I'd lost it when I began declaring my love and offering marriage proposals to the nice MAIN (supporting) actor. But his character was just so wonderful! Put a guy like that (complete with his, dare I say, boyish good looks) in front me and I'll run into his arms.
Okay. No. I wouldn't. See, now that just proves the point that males on television, behind the screen, can charm me outta my pants, but put me in the proximity of one and I'd pee in my pants. Oh, I'm such a sad person. One thing I've concluded from watching this recent series though is that I fall for TV characters who are bad boys turned good, or those who appear bad on the outside, but are really overflowing with sweetness inside. Haha! Anyway, once the O's are over, I'm going to crash the video rental store and borrow all those serials that my mom has 'secretly' watched without me - she started off claiming how she'd wait for my exams to be over and all, then one day, I opened her bedside drawer to nab a plaster for a cut, only to be met with the sight of the latest Hong Kong drama serial (one that I badly wanted to watch). My confrontation led to a meek confession that she really couldn't resist, and just had to start watching. Oh well, like mother, like daughter I suppose. I already have to commend her for lasting the first couple of weeks without a decent serial.
Okay, so now it's back to reality and normality, to studying and getting back results (oh the horror!). Today it was English and Social Studies. To those who did well and are pleased with their grades, congrats! To those who feel that they didn't do very well, and are quite upset, try not to let this affect you too much, okay? Failure (not necessarily literally, but rather, in terms of meeting your expectations) is just a stepping stone to success, so think about it: let this small setback motivate you to study harder and strive for better results, and I'm sure you'll do brilliantly when the O's come around. Yup. Stepping out of the car this morning, mom's parting words to me were, "Don't jump." To which I turned around and looking highly confused, went, "Huh?". Mom: "Don't jump off a building." Haha! I love mom. Honestly though? You have to admit it's some pretty good, er, advice.
So it's the returning of EMath papers tomorrow, coupled with an EMath paper2 mock exam after school, which would make tomorrow official EMath day! Let us rejoice! Haha!
And just as a little side note...YAY!!! Hady is THE Singapore Idol, man! Last night and tonight was the first time I'd ever watched entire episodes of this rather sad season (it's no wonder they aren't planning on doing a season3 - the government might just have to invite foreign talent and PAY them to sing in the top12), but I'm nonetheless a Hady supporter. Sheepishly, I'll have to admit that I did waste some cash voting, but whatever. This is one conspiracy I'm proud to have been a part of. Uh huh.

5 Comments:
At 6:18 PM,
ale said…
ahaha hi lesley! aletheia here. =]] i miss my taiwan drama serials too! and my exams arent going to be over till next week! must. not. go. youtube. !!! ^^
good luck for gearing up to O's!
At 9:05 PM,
Anonymous said…
lesley! i miss drama serials too! cant wait to hit the video rental store after exams.
all the best for your o's!
At 12:04 AM,
Anonymous said…
like sawyer! i like good/bad guys. YESSS. VIDEOEZY. GREY'S ANATOMY SEASON 2 UNCUT. FRIENDS SEASON 1-10. sigh. and, oh, lesley oh lesley, whatever happened to abstinence?? (tsk tsk. kids these days..)
At 11:02 PM,
Anonymous said…
lesley! i never knew you were a fan of taiwan drama serials!heh now we can get back at shan, she was teasing/scolding me a few days ago about watching the so- predictable -storyline boring drama serials.hmmm!
At 11:09 AM,
Anonymous said…
Hi les!
I love Hong Kong drama serials!!!! And i miss them so much!!! haha. Well anyway i am sure you did extremely well for prelims! :) haha. all the best for the o's! (which i am sure you will get 6 points) :)
Jess M
Post a Comment
<< Home