GREASEit.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Moving On

During the Biology practical exam today, all that was going through my head (besides wondering why my experiment was going so very wrong and why Mrs Lim and Mrs Cha couldn't stop staring at me) was that I was quite possibly going to cry when it was over.

But I didn't.

Going into the quarantine room, I was trying hard to avoid talking to anyone so that I wouldn't find out how all my answers were incorrect or how I'd drawn the graph wrongly. Instead, I sat down on the floor, and rather than feel depressed and demoralised and look like I was going to commit suicide, possibly by drinking ten bottles of hydrogen peroxide and another ten bottles of enzyme (just the thought of that now could kill me), I decided to pray.

Yup, that was all I did. For at least fifteen minutes, I sat on the floor, with my eyes closed, head bowed, and just said a silent prayer, thanking God for guiding me through the practical and being there with me every step of the way, and that even though it didn't go all too well in the end, but I know I've tried my best (or at least, the best I could do at the time, being a nervous wreck trying to calm herself down), and that whatever happens from here on is all up to Him.

And it worked! My heart felt so much lighter and all the usual happiness flooded back into my being. Haha, it was amazing! I even felt good enough to try some of the multiple choice questions in the new Biology prelim paper that Jasmine gave out - which is quite stunning, I think, since I'd just been traumatised by the very subject itself.

On the whole, I guess it was still alright...no flower! Haha. There were filter paper discs (mine refused to co-operate and two of them flew away - sigh, the story of my life), an envelope with two photographs in it (the cutting out of the fruit was quite bad, because my hands were not made to hold scissors, so you can imagine how that went), hydrogen peroxide (10% concentration only, so I don't think I could have attempted suicide with it), enzyme (my nemesis - notice how it can actually be rearranged to form 'enemy' once you take out the 'z'?), specimen S1 (I thought the poor thing actually looked rather sickly...even the seeds inside - shudder), and graph paper, but NO FLOWER! Phew. Then again, flower or no flower, I still don't think I did too well. I'm gunning for a pass now, where practical is concerned, so that theory paper better be filled with questions that I can actually answer, then maybe, just maybe, that A is still attainable (hopefully the D7 during CA1 was a once-off thing).

For now though, I'm not going to think too much about it - what's the point of crying over spilt milk (or in this case, distilled water - don't ask), right? So I'm just going to live by 'Don't worry, be happy!'. At least until I get the Prelim results back.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i tell you, i was like going to faint. stupid graphs. and i fully agree that the fruit was very gross-looking, cauz of the colour and all.

    AND MR JOHARI! if you're reading this, YOU SAID THAT I WAS OVERSTUDYING ABOUT THE SEED!!!!! but thankfully, i had studied enough of that by the time i asked you, so it doesn't matter, cauz i think i did ok for that part. hahah! your attempts to trick me have been foiled!!

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Blogger joe said…

    Lez,

    Phew. No flower. See? :)

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My fliter disks were very sad too. I sorta realised why one of my results were wrong when I did it the first time....

    I had used TWO fliter disks!!! Cause they sorta stuck together. Curse you tiny pieces of permeable paper!!!

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wah lao shan2. go and tell everyone about the seed thing la. you, you...SHAN. cheh, then everyone was like, so "heng ah, no need seed lorrrrr." and then what comes out!? A SEED.
    CHEH. HAHAHA

     

Post a Comment

<< Home